Thursday, January 2, 2014

Have you ever had a life changing experience? Something that made you sit straight up and realize....you're doing it all wrong? I've been through so much in my life that, everything was life changing. When I was 9, it was discovered that i was being assaulted by a family member. That same year, we got our house destroyed because there was a fugitive on our couch. By destroyed, i mean the cops shot tear gas through every window in our house. We lost everything. Had nowhere to go. That day, I became a 16year old. While my mom was strong, she couldn't hold herself together very well. It was then up to me. When we finally got a place and started to get situated, it was me who kept everyone together. I took care of my family, I was the adult. Shit, I was 10 years old. I didn't have time to act my age. I had homework, laundry, dishes a 3, 6, 9 and 15 year old to take care of. Not to mention my pregnant mom. It wasn't easy. But it shaped me. Prepared me. I have my own children and I know exactly what needs to be done for them. It scares me everyday that I'm going to end up like my mom. I try and make sure I'm the exact opposite but sometimes its so overwhelming. Trying not to be her, its more exhausting and than raising 2 kids is. I love my mother. Don't get me wrong. But I do not want to be anything like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment