Monday, January 6, 2014

Romance

Keeping the romance alive with children is very hard. Especially when your husband doesnt even know what that word is. I try and keep things alive. Light candles when we are watching movies, or put on slow music when we are cleaning. But, he doesnt see it like that. He is SO into himself that he doesnt even see it. He listens to Rap. Full blown "Gangsta" rap. Drives me INSANE! Romantic music drives him nuts. He sees it as im trying to annoy him instead of trying to keep it between us. Its so easy to forget how to be romantic and i feel like thats whats happening here. Even though, he was never a romantic like i am. Its hard. I like candle lit dinners, and slow dancing in the living room. I like to sit outside in the cold and cuddle under the stars. I like to lay in front of a fire and talk. Him, not so much. He wants everything to be quick and over with. Always seems like he is in such a hurry. So, i tried something new. One day when he was working late, i dressed really nice made a nice big dinner. I put on some slow music and lit a few candles. He came in and just stood there. I introduced it all like it was a fancy restaurant. At first he called me silly and went to shower. When he came back out and seen me sitting at the table waiting for him and the candles lit, he caved. It was a cheap dinner, cheap candles and we didnt have to leave our house. But, it felt like we were in Hawaii. I think its important to always show your SO a little romance. Keeps things going and keeps that "spark" nice and warm. Make it a surprise a few times a year. They'll love it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment